Businessmen who want to open a company in Slovenia
as a real estate agency
must follow the regulations prescribed under various rules of law addressed to the real estate sector
. Investors must know that the real estate market
is regulated under the Law of Property Code
, the Land Register Act
, the Housing Act
and the Real Estate Agency Act
, to name a few. Other regulations are available for this industry and our team of consultants in company formation in Slovenia
can advise on any other additional rules.
Who can purchase properties in Slovenia?
A real estate agency in Slovenia
has as a purpose selling or renting real estate properties
(apartments, houses, commercial properties, industrial sites, agricultural land
and others). The largest share of real estate transactions (sale and rent
) is concluded by Slovenian nationals
, but the sale/rental of local properties
can be extended to foreign nationals as well. Our team of specialists in company registration in Slovenia
can advise on the procedures of selling a Slovenian property
to a foreigner, but it is necessary to know that the following apply:
• foreign nationals are allowed to purchase properties here and there are several categories prescribed in this sense;
• in the case of foreigners who are citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), there are no restrictions;
• foreign persons who are citizens of countries that have applied for their EU membership may acquire properties here only if the reciprocity principle applies;
• the reciprocity principle stipulates that a foreigner can purchase a property here as long as a Slovenian citizen can purchase a property in the respective country;
• in the case of any other types of foreigners, acquiring property can only be done through inheritance.
Why start a business in the Slovenian real estate sector?
It can be a great idea to start the procedure of Slovenian company formation
in the real estate sector
, as this field is expanding. In 2017, the country registered an expansion of the construction projects related to residential properties and the most relevant aspects of the industry were the following:
• in 2017, there were 36,000 real estate transactions, as stated by the Mapping and Surveying Authority;
• this represented an increase of 5% compared to 2016 and an increase of 15% compared to 2015;
• the sale of apartments and houses increased by 39% in the period of 2015-2017;
• the sale of houses registered the highest increase in Ljubljana (increase of 35%);
• the sale price for a square meter was of EUR 1,610 (increase of 11% compared to 2015).
Businessmen can contact our team of specialists in company registration in Slovenia
for advice on the regulations that must be followed by real estate agencies
. Our consultants
can provide in-depth assistance on the tax requirements addressed to this type of business and full representation during the registration with the local institutions.