Businessmen who want to open a company in Slovenia
as a real estate agency
must follow the regulations prescribed under various rules of law addressed to the real estate sector
must know that the real estate market
is regulated under the Law of Property Code
, the Land Register Act
, the Housing Act
and the Real Estate Agency Act
, to name a few. Other regulations are available for this industry and our team of consultants in company formation in Slovenia
can advise on any other additional rules.
Who can purchase properties in Slovenia?
A real estate agency in Slovenia
has as a purpose selling or renting real estate properties
(apartments, houses, commercial properties, industrial sites, agricultural land
and others). The largest share of real estate transactions (sale and rent
) is concluded by Slovenian nationals
, but the sale/rental of local properties
can be extended to foreign nationals as well. Our team of specialists in company registration in Slovenia
can advise on the procedures of selling a Slovenian property
to a foreigner, but it is necessary to know that the following apply:
• foreign nationals are allowed to purchase properties here and there are several categories prescribed in this sense;
• in the case of foreigners who are citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), there are no restrictions;
• foreign persons who are citizens of countries that have applied for their EU membership may acquire properties here only if the reciprocity principle applies;
• the reciprocity principle stipulates that a foreigner can purchase a property here as long as a Slovenian citizen can purchase a property in the respective country;
• in the case of any other types of foreigners, acquiring property can only be done through inheritance.
Why start a business in the Slovenian real estate sector?
It can be a great idea to start the procedure of Slovenian company formation
in the real estate sector
, as this field is expanding. In 2017, the country registered an expansion of the construction projects related to residential properties and the most relevant aspects of the industry were the following:
• in 2017, there were 36,000 real estate transactions, as stated by the Mapping and Surveying Authority;
• this represented an increase of 5% compared to 2016 and an increase of 15% compared to 2015;
• the sale of apartments and houses increased by 39% in the period of 2015-2017;
• the sale of houses registered the highest increase in Ljubljana (increase of 35%);
• the sale price for a square meter was of EUR 1,610 (increase of 11% compared to 2015).
Businessmen can contact our team of specialists in company registration in Slovenia
for advice on the regulations that must be followed by real estate agencies
. Our consultants
can provide in-depth assistance on the tax requirements addressed to this type of business and full representation during the registration with the local institutions.